Goo
I'm back.
I see that wall of smooth suffocating goo from my past.
I'll help me. I know it will.
It'll bring me comfort in these uncertain times.
It's comfortably warm, soft, and smooth at times, insulating security.
My hands were still holding onto the bar, on the ceiling.
The goo was flowing up.
Shoes went first, knees, hips, chest...
"Honey, do you see this?"
calm, but my eyes are staring right at you.
"Want do you want?"
"What do you want?"
In a calm voice
I want balance. Keep that in mind.
But I want you to feel happy and good.
"What do you want?"
"Honey...Honey"
I sense your hesitation. Your hesitation gives me doubts.
"What do you want?"
You are still hesitant with no response.
I look down at the goo.
I look back up at you.
It was nice. But I'm not sinking back into.
Carrying my mother gave me a stronger back.
I pull myself up. Wiggling up. Forcing myself.
Because I sure as hell I'm not sinking back into that.
Fuck that.
I get out, the goo still leaving a residue.
Fuck it...at least I'm out.
You still there...In the vent opening
"Omg I'm glad you're out!" he said in a concerning tone.
"Yup" I start to crawl away.
"Wait, where are you going?" he says.
"My boyfriend isn't a person who hesitates saving his girlfriend. If she's a girlfriend at all."
She continues to crawl out into the light.
Into her future.
Looking for her boyfriend. The man who has courage. The man who's brave to face it. A man who's brave to face the uncertain future with her."
Comments